table width question

liunx

hello,<br />
<br />
<br />
recently i put togeather a new design for my site, i use nestled tables to put it togeather and i used % to define the widths<br />
ex. width="100%" but when you view them with a restored backround (not maximized) its only the width of the screen making it look very small, id rather have to make them scroll when using a un maximized window, which they would have to do on any site when it is un maximized<br />
<br />
but one problam, i dont know how much width a page takes up its easy using persentages but what about in pixles?<br />
<br />
width="100%" is = to width="?" in pixles<br />
<br />
<br />
just want to know the width of a window in pixles if i lost you<!--content-->I don't know many people that cruise the web that have there browser un-maximized. I would leave it like that at 100%<!--content-->Well, youd be locking in your design at 800x600 most likely. A useable width is 790.<!--content-->thanks for the reply guys but a couple of ppl siad my site was wierded out with the use of my tables, coud either of you take a look and see if it looks wacked out? and if you have to scroll horizantly to see it all<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geocities.com/kickazzstuff/newdesign2.html">http://www.geocities.com/kickazzstuff/newdesign2.html</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
<br />
some one siad it wasnt aligning right and that the table was only 57 percent of the screen thats why i think hew looked at it through a un maximized window<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
please reply back :p<!--content-->Looks okay to me in IE5.5 although maybe it would look better in reduced windows if you used fixed widths and have the user scroll across, I don't know.<br />
<br />
What browsers are these people using? Could it have something to do with the way Netscape handles tables?<br />
<br />
Just a thought...<!--content-->looks fine to me in IE5 at 800x640 and 1024x748.<!--content-->well i looked at it with netscape 6 and netscape 5 and it looks fine i also viewed it with ie 5 and its ok so i do not know :p happy it looks ok though? <br />
<br />
did you all like it?<!--content-->your layout is ok greg <br />
<br />
Ill talk to you at school monday to talk to you about how to change my website<br />
<br />
see ya Solidsnake6844<!--content-->

Back