Table Width Discrepency

liunx

When I view my page in my browser I have to set the width of the tables at 159% or 763 in order to get them to span 100% of the page. When I view my page on my sister's computer, a 100% width value gets me a 100% of the screen table width. Why are my tables truncating at about 75% of the screen width when I set them for 100%? There is nothing in the code that's different from the code I used on my sister's computer because I copied and pasted it. The same thing happened when jdavia sent me back my code with the table widths altered at 100%. I tried setting the right and left page margins but nothing works and I'm really not sure what to set them for anyway. Anyone have an idea how I can correct this?<!--content-->Okay, I think I found what's causing the problem: I created a test table with a 100% width in a seperate folder all by itself.<br />
With a 100% width it spanned 100% of the page. So far so good. But when I added the following:<br />
<br />
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> <br />
<br />
its span shrunk to about 75% of the width of the page. Now this DTD was in the document I tested on my sister's computer and the tables didn't shrink to 75% of the page in her browser. What does that mean? Anyone?<!--content-->Originally posted by mike444 <br />
When I view my page in my browser I have to set the width of the tables at 159% or 763 in order to get them to span 100% of the page. When I view my page on my sister's computer, a 100% width value gets me a 100% of the screen table width. Why <br />
mike444 you are cross posting. I am making headway on this thing and have to hunt you down. <br />
<br />
Read what you said in the above quote. Does that tell you something? Now I do believe what I suggested on the other thread. It is the settings you created on your computer. Please stop resetting the table sizes. They work!<!--content-->

Back