Table Width="100%" Leaving A Gap

liunx

I've been trying to make a web page that stretches the entire width of the browser, however I can't seem to get it to do that without leaving a strange white gap down the right hand side of the page. <br />
<br />
To try and work out where I'm going wrong I created a small HTML page with just a single table in it, but I can't even get that to work without there being a gap. Strangely, the gap only appears when the HTML page is on-line, if ran from my hard disk the gap doesn't appear. <br />
<br />
Here's the code I'm trying, basically just a green table that I want to stretch across the whole screen with no margins or gaps.<br />
<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0"><br />
<br />
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><br />
<tr width="100%"><br />
<td width="100%" bgcolor="#008000">&nbsp;</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</html><br />
<br />
<br />
Even with width set to 100% it still leaves the gap. I've attatched an image of the gap to this post.<br />
<br />
Most bizarrely, if I hit the 'refresh' button or F5 in my browser, the table resizes itself and the gap disappears. <br />
<br />
Can anyone offer any advice on how to solve this ? How can I get the table to stretch across 100% of the screen without a gap appearing on the right hand side ?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<br />
:)<!--content-->Dave,<br />
<br />
Had a shot at using the code you suggested there but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. The gap still shows up just the same, even though everything's set for 100% width. It's all very strange.<br />
<br />
Thanks anyway<!--content-->how about just <br />
<body style="margin:0px;"><!--content-->DaveSW,<br />
<br />
That's done the trick, the gap is gone now.<br />
<br />
Thankyou :D<!--content-->

Back