Table Text Amount

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to be able to type so much in a table and now worry about using <br> or <p> for a new line. That all I need to type is the text and it creates new lines for me. The word news in CAPS I would like to be changed so I can type how much ever I want without using <br> for a line break<br />
<br />
How do I do that?<br />
<br />
My code is:<br />
<br />
<div align="center"><br />
<table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="800" align="center" bordercolor="#000000"><br />
<tr> <br />
<td bgcolor="4682B4"><font color="#000000" face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif" size="-1"><b><font color="#FFFFFF"><center>News</center></font></b></font></td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr> <br />
<td width="800"><font color="#000000" face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif" size="-1"><p style="color:black">NEWS</a></font></td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr> <br />
<td>&nbsp;</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</div><br />
<p align="center"><font color="#000000" size="-1"><br><br />
</font></p><!--content-->I simply don't understand what you are asking.. can you elaborate ?<!--content-->Alright<br />
<br />
On one of my websites I can type a lot of text and the table cell won't get wider it will just create a new line automatically for me so there won't be a scrollbar at the bottom of the page.<!--content-->It should just automatically happen if you give your tabke a certain width. Just don't type large amounts of text like(I won't do it too long or the page will srcoll :rolleyes: ) :<br />
<br />
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ect etc<br />
<br />
with no spaces :D<!--content-->I did that in the above code but it still scrolls.<!--content-->Is your table supposed to be the entire size of the screen? Try width="100%".<!--content-->It still scrolls. I'd like it to take up about 75% of the screen width wise.<br />
<br />
Should I just copy a code from one of my sites where it doesn't scroll and modify the table the way I'd like?<!--content-->I am lost too. if you set a table to 700 width and you type a lot of words in it, the lines will be created. it will automatically break at the end of the page.<br />
<br />
do you have a sample?<!--content-->If you use a percentage of fixed width the text will break unless:<br />
<br />
a) an image is in a cell which causes it to strech<br />
b) your text does not include any white space (spacebar)<br />
<br />
you need spaces for text to break or the table will be increased accordingly (same with an image).<!--content-->Oh I got it now. Thanks for the help!<!--content-->

Back