table scroll

liunx

I need to put a scrollbar in my table. I assume I can only do this in IE because it involves styles and I have IE 5.5 and Netscape 4.<br />
<br />
I have a table with many rows and want to add a scrollbar so I can scroll in the window.<br />
<br />
I assume I need to use <div>.<br />
<br />
Please advise and suggest how I can do this? I have seen it done but cant remember how???<br />
<br />
<br />
<div scroll: yes><br />
<br />
<table><br />
<tr><br />
<td><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
etc..<br />
</table><!--content-->Hi Florida...<br />
<br />
Here is a basic and simple example (just to give you the idea).<br />
Is this what you are looking for?<br />
(by the way... Netscape7 like this too. I have no idea about previous versions)<br />
k<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title></title><br />
</head><br />
<body><br />
<table border=1><br />
<tr><td>row 1</td></tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td> <br />
<div style="width: 250px; height: 50px; overflow:auto"><br />
I need to put a scrollbar in my table. I assume I can only do this in IE because it involves styles and I have IE 5.5 and Netscape 4.<br />
I have a table with many rows and want to add a scrollbar so I can scroll in the window.<br />
I assume I need to use div.<br />
Please advise and suggest how I can do this? I have seen it done but cant remember how??? <br />
</div><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><td>row 2</td></tr><br />
</table><br />
</body><br />
</html><!--content-->Thanks, that works great in IE but how can I do it in Netscape 4?<!--content-->Yikes!<br />
Netscape 4!!!<br />
<br />
I don't think that N4 understands style AT ALL (but I'm not sure because I wasn't alive yet when that browser was popular. lol) ;) <br />
<br />
Really... I don't think you can use style this way with N4 (but I'm sure that someone out there can offer something more definitive than my lame guess). sorry.<br />
<br />
believes in the existence of dinosaurs... but not N4...<br />
k<!--content-->

Back