Table Problems...

liunx

Hello. I'm making a virtual pets website or whatever, and I'm having some layout problems. Don't hate me because of my site I'm making, just look at the layout.<br />
<br />
Anyways, if you log in (oh, by the way, the username and password I've set up for any of you is 'guest' for the UN, and 'guest' for the PW). After you log in, notice that the right middle cell (The one that has "Explore Areas Here") is streched out because of the cell above it. I tried to change this, but it won't work. Does anyone have an idea that will help me get the explore cell to not strech out?<br />
<br />
My Website is: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://epets.planet-nebula.com/">http://epets.planet-nebula.com/</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
Any help will be greately appreciated!<!--content-->Just put a <br> in the top cell after the user name.<!--content-->uhm, I tried, but it didn't do anything.<br />
<br />
Two reasons why it didn't work:<br />
<br />
1. I could have explained myself wrong. The explore areas here cell (the darkBlueBG cell in the middle-right) is latching onto the top-right cell. I don't want it to do this.<br />
2. I don't know where to put it. Can you take a little snip of my HTML, and tell me where exactly?<br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->Well it looks like you wrote the whole page a one line. If you have a the code in a more readable format I'll take a look.<br />
<br />
The way the code is it takes too long to see what is nested in What.<!--content-->Originally posted by Nebula <br />
Does anyone have an idea that will help me get the explore cell to not strech out? You can change the width in this part of your code:<br />
<br />
<br />
<td bgcolor="#000040" width="7%" valign="top" nowrap><font face="Verdana" size="2"<br />
color="#cccccc">Explore Areas Here </font></td><!--content-->Okie. It turned out that PHP wasn't sending newlines, so I fixed that part. The code now is very easy to read (I think).<br />
<br />
Mark: I tried your fix, but it didn't work.<br />
<br />
Thank you all for your help and effort! I really appreciate it.<!--content-->Hi, it looks like you have a table cell missing from your middle row, ( you have 4 cols in each rows) try adding this ( in bold) to your code.<br />
<br />
</font><br />
</td><br />
<td bgcolor="#000040" width="7%" valign="top" nowrap><br />
<font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#cccccc"><br />
Explore Areas Here <br />
</font><br />
</td><br />
<td></td></tr><br />
<tr bgcolor="#000000"><br />
<td colspan="4" align="center" width="100%"><br />
<font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#cccccc"><br />
<br />
note: you may have to add a width tag to your new TD.<br />
<br />
I hope this helps solve your problem.<!--content-->No, it's fine. There is a 'colspan="2"' in the main cell.<br />
<br />
I want to know how to make the "Explore Areas Here" cell not latch onto the cell above it. Thank you.<!--content-->Yay, nevermind. I just found out how to fix it.<!--content-->I kinda fixed it. kinda :P<br />
<br />
They stay separate now, it's just that when you are logged out (or not logged in), it does not wrap tightly.<br />
<br />
I could rewrite the not logged in part, but I'd much rather it just wrap tightly.<br />
<br />
If anyone can help me, that would be much appreciated. Otherwise, I'll just rewrite it.<!--content-->uhm, it's not fixed. Please help.<!--content-->

Back