Table problems (go figure)

liunx

Hi there,<br />
<br />
I am trying to create an .html page that uses a table in order to display a picture in one column with a close button and some text describing the picture in the second column.<br />
<br />
My question is...<br />
<br />
Is it possible to create a table that looks like the table in the attached .bmp file?<br />
<br />
"A" = picture, "B" = button and "C" = text). "A" should span 3 rows, "B" should span only the 1 and "C" should span the remaining 2 rows in that column.<br />
<br />
I have tried figuring this out for a while and the bloody thing is giving me a headache. Any help would be greatly appreciated.<!--content-->I quickly looked over your pic, and I think this is similar to what you requested. It simple enough that you could alter it. I left bg colors on so that you could see each table cell easily. <br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title>Untitled</title><br />
</head><br />
<br />
<body><br />
<table width="100%" height="100%"><br />
<tr><br />
<td rowspan=3 width="50%" bgcolor=blue>Main cell on the left</td><br />
<td width="50%" bgcolor=red height="25%">Top cell on the right</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td width="50%" bgcolor=green height="75%">Bottom cell on the right</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
<br />
</body><br />
</html><!--content-->Thanks a lot Dr. Web!<br />
<br />
That was exactly what I was looking for!<br />
<br />
I have attached the "finished" page if you wish to take a look at the end product.<br />
<br />
I am going to be restricting the size to 750x550 so that is why I did not use percentages. These types of pages is what I will be using for my photo gallery. The page is just going to be a "box" with nothing for people to play around with. ;)<br />
<br />
Now I just have to see if there is a way to remove the "minimize" and "maximize" buttons.<!--content-->to remove the min and max buttons look into "chromeless" or containerless windows.<br />
<br />
does not work in NSx.x all versions<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://builder.cnet.com/webbuilding/0-7690-8-7123518-1.html?tag=st.bl.3880.also.7690-8-7123518-1">http://builder.cnet.com/webbuilding/0-7 ... -7123518-1</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
and look up containerless in javascript. sorry don't have a link for that one.<!--content-->Is there nothing that works in NS and IE?<br />
<br />
Er...nevermind... I just read Dr. Webs response to an earlier post about the same subject. Bummer. Oh well...<br />
<br />
Thanks to the both of you for your help.<br />
<br />
I shoulda 'signed up' to these forums a looooooong time ago! *sigh*<!--content-->

Back