Table layout

liunx

I am having trouble table layouts the page I made uses thead, tbody, tfoot for a page running on IE 6.0. I have 7 columns 5-6 rows.<br />
<br />
Should I use thead etc or should use nested tables?<br />
<br />
Also is possible to use a small graghic say 1 x 1 pixel or 10 x 10 pixel to start the tables layout to get more rows and columns for more control over the layout?<br />
<br />
what's the best way I am fishin for Ideas or thoughts thank for any help<br />
<br />
the carving dude=:O<!--content-->I personally haven't used <thead> or <tbody> ever before and I just took for granted that everyone used I.E. and used nested tables. Since then I have changed my theory. Hehe. I can't help much on that area, but instead of using graphics, just use &nbsp; and the cells will be the size you make them to be. <br />
<br />
Hope that helps!<br />
<br />
-James<!--content-->I see no purpose in using those for the table unless you plan on printing a lot of stuff that these tables house.<br />
<br />
I never use those.<!--content-->If you are looking for a platform for just designing tables then adding content after I would suggest netscape composer.<br />
<br />
There is a lot of control there and is a great way to learn how tables work. The bonus is that is free. However, you may want to tweak your source after and remove the orrible &nbsp;'s after. Give it a shot, you will like it. I rate it over Dreamweaver just for table design.<!--content-->

Back