Table Layout Help

windows

How do you link tables? <br />
Can you give your table the id/name of "body" and then link everything to that so it shows up in the "body table"? <br />
I am trying to reduce/get rid of the frames and attempt a tabular layout, any help would be appreciated. <br />
Thanks, <br />
Iris<!--content-->I wouldn't suggest that. it is hard to do layers and and make sure it works in all browsers. if you want the page to be a framed page you need to keep it as that. you won't find anyhting like it. as far as frames go<!--content-->I have gotten so many people telling me that frames suck and that if I wanted a more sophisticated layout I should go with tables and get rid of the frames.<br />
I have a basic tabular layout but I have no idea how to link stuff. I think I may just look at the source of other sites to see how they do it.<!--content-->tables have nothing to do with frames. if you use tables you will need to link links to the page you want. no reference to any frame or nothing.<br />
<br />
if you have a link in a table then you do this<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"page.html">this link</a><br />
<br />
that is all. it will load the page in place of the current one already there.<!--content-->yeah, otherwise you'd have to use iframes (which are sort of like a cross between a table and a frame-- really just a frame that can be put into the middle of your page like a hole with another page underneath), which are even worse than regular frames, as it was IE only until relatively recently.<!--content-->

Back