Table Help

liunx

I'm trying to create a table that's situated in the bottum-right corner of the page, with the page's text flowing around it. In short, I don't know how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.<!--content-->Hi Bregalad,<br />
<br />
I'm sure there are better ways to do this, probably with css, but this method works. :)<br />
<br />
Enter all of your page content, minus the table. Open the page in a browser and scroll to the bottom of the page. Decide approx. where you'd like the table to appear and see what text will be next to it. Back in your editor, scroll down to the text you chose to be next to the table. Add your table just above that text. You'll have to specify a table size, and align="right", or the table will sprawl all over the place. Your markup will look like this:<br />
<br />
<p>content</p><br />
<br />
<p>content</p><br />
<br />
<p>content</p><br />
<br />
<p>content</p><br />
<br />
<p>content</p><br />
<br />
<br />
<table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="200" align="right"><br />
<tr><br />
<td>table content</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<p>where you want your table</P><br />
<br />
Notice I've used a width set in pixels. You could also specify the width as a percentage. width="30%"<!--content-->Thanks, I'll try that. But won't the table appear in a different place depending on the size of the screen viewing it?<br />
Hmm... Somehow this has ended up being alot more complicated than it seems like it should be.<!--content-->Originally posted by Bregalad <br />
I'm trying to create a table that's situated in the bottum-right corner of the page, with the page's text flowing around it.<br />
<br />
This is troublesome yes. The only HTML/CSS way of moving something to always be at a specifc place is to use positioning.<br />
However positioning also removes the object from the flow of the page (ie puts it in another "layer").<br />
<br />
When it is in another "layer" the page text won't flow around it.<br />
<br />
In short, you are looking at some really complex DHTML to create the exact effect you want.<!--content-->

Back