Table help!!!!

windows

Hello,<br />
<br />
I am working on my new main page offline and while I was working on it. Ya know playing with the layout of the table and things, I screwed the whole thing up. Ahhh i am so frustrated that I did all that work and the whole page is all out of whack.<br />
<br />
Please someone help me<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I have included the txt version and I can email the html version if someone wants to help.<!--content-->In this portion of your table you have the width as "500". It is causing the table to expand and might be your problem.<br />
<br />
<table border=1 width=500><br />
<tr><td align=center bgcolor=#b9d7f0 ><br />
<font size=3 color=#ADEAEA face=Arial ><b>Winter Weddings</b></font><br><!--content-->Hi thanks for replying to my post<br />
<br />
<br />
I tried the 500 thing and it's not why<br />
Maybe if you can see how it looks you may be able to figure out what's wrong.<br />
<br />
I can upload it to my site host and then you can see<br />
After you see it you will notice the background just stops before the What's New,Comings and Goings, and Recaps tables.<br />
You might be able to help me fix it so that the background is behind everything again. <br />
<br />
This is my site so by doing this my main page will look all screwed up to all my visitors until I fix it.<br />
<br />
I hope you can help me:?)<!--content-->You never really said what is wrong. What exact problems are you having? Is it just that the background stops before those elements, or are there other problems? A bit more detail on you problems might help...<!--content-->Click on the Doctype link in my signature. Pick a Doctype and then add it to your code. It should be the first line in your code. Then go to the validation site via the W3C link in my signature and then try to validate your page. Getting rid of your numerous errors can only help your page look bettter. While you're at it, get rid of that JavaScript that prevents right clicking. It's amateurish, and it doesn't work for anybody who takes two seconds to use a work around. On top of that, look further into CSS since you are already using a touch of it, and get rid of those nested tables for layout. You'll also be able to get rid of all of those unneeded <br> tags and non-breaking spaces.<!--content-->OK in answer to your question<br />
<br />
<br />
The main problem that I am having is trying to get my page layout to look good and the table code is all screwed up.<br />
I can't figure out besides the background image not going behind the whole page, a way to make the whole design look good and easily accessable to my visitors. The way that it looks right now is a good start, but I wanted to make more content boxes so that it has one whole table but all different boxes for different categories of info. That is a big part of my problem. Everytime I try and change it to make it look better and different so that people will keep on coming back, I make it look even worse and more out of whack.<br />
<br />
<br />
Keep in mind I haven't uploaded the file that I having trouble figuring out how to fix/make better isn't uploaded to the URL that I would post for someone who really wants to help.<!--content-->The table with all the images in it, you have it as 10%, it should be 100%.<br />
<br />
Also I took all the data from this three column table for this post. I changed the widths in it. They should total to 100%. You had some in pixels and some in percect. Either use one or the other, Percents are best. Change the values to suit yourself. I think this ought to do it.<br />
<br />
<table class="t111" width=30% align="left" cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3 bgcolor="#b9d7f0"><tr><td class="t2">Updates</td></tr><tr><td></td></tr></table><br />
<br />
<table class="t111" align="left" cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3 bgcolor="b9d7f0" width=30%><br />
<tr><td class="t2">Comings and Goings</td></tr><tr><td></td></tr></table> <br />
<br />
<table class="t111" width="40%%" align="center" border=2 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3 bgcolor="#b9d7f0"><tr><td class="t2">Daily Recap</td></tr><tr><td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
The widths you had expanded this table more than 100%<!--content-->Originally posted by jdavia <br />
<table class="t111" width="40%%" align="center" border=2 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3 bgcolor="#b9d7f0"><tr><td class="t2">Daily Recap</td></tr><tr><td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
Should be:<br />
<br />
<table class="t111" width="40%" align="center" border=2 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3 bgcolor="#b9d7f0"><tr><td class="t2">Daily Recap</td></tr><tr><td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><!--content-->Thanks for seeing my typo. That's all it was. But minus that, I think it is solved. <br />
Here it is again:<br />
<br />
<table class="t111" width=30% align="left" cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3<br />
bgcolor="#b9d7f0"><tr><td<br />
class="t2">Updates</td></tr><tr><td></td></tr></table> <br />
<br />
<table class="t111" align="left" cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3 bgcolor="b9d7f0"<br />
width=30%> <br />
<tr><td class="t2">Comings and Goings</td></tr><tr><td></td></tr></table> <br />
<br />
<table class="t111" width="40%" align="center" border=2 cellpadding=3<br />
cellspacing=3 bgcolor="#b9d7f0"><tr><td class="t2">Daily<br />
Recap</td></tr><tr><td> <br />
</tr> <br />
</table><!--content-->

Back