Table expansion in Netscape 4, what do i need to do?

liunx

Hey,<br />
I have been working on getting our new site layout to work in Netscape 4 for over 2 weeks now, I have fixed some of the issues with round about ways but I am still experiencing two problems. First off here is the address:<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.devoteddesign.com/home.php">http://www.devoteddesign.com/home.php</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
Currently we are using a redirector to send Netscape users to our old layout. So you have to use that address instead of the index page.<br />
<br />
Problems:<br />
<br />
1- First off the table cells that should be 1 pixel in height like to expand in N4. I know netscape uses different measuring techniques any idea on how to fix this? <br />
<br />
2- My second problem, we are using the Brothercake Ultimate Drop Down menu. It is a series of scripts that create the drop down menu you see on the site, it works fine in IE and N6 but N4 it gets all messed up in. The alignment is way off. The script is quite complicated with several seperate scripts and sniffers but can anyone think of a way to fix this? <br />
<br />
Thanks for your help<br />
-Matt<br />
Devoted Design<br />
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.devoteddesign.com">www.devoteddesign.com</a><!-- w --><br />
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --><!--content-->for 1 height attribute is real buggy in any browser. but since you are using images as spacers then it should work. where exactly is the problem occuring?<br />
<br />
<br />
2. if you are using a javascript to make the menus like you are, then I can tell you right now that postioning is wacko in NS4.xx are far as relative or absolute.<br />
<br />
I will look into it tonight when I get home, as I don't have NS here at work.<!--content-->The problem with table expansion occurs mostly at the bottom of the pages where there is the copyright, there are 3 cells on top of each other, the first is a one pixel black cell for a line, the next is the colored cell that is several pixels in height, the next is a black 1 pixel line again. The black single pixel cells are the ones with the problems.<br />
<br />
-Matt<!--content-->ok take these out of the ones with the black lines<br />
<br />
<P align="left"><br />
<br />
those are block level elements and creat margins around themselves and NS can't make it disappear.<br />
besides if you want a black line all the way across then why have it align left?<!--content-->hey,<br />
thanks for the tip, i hadnt even noticed i had done that. Yeah no reason to align left, i must have aligned left and then split the cell into 3 seperate rows.<br />
<br />
Any ideas on what to do about the drop down menu? I would really like Netscape users to view my site but that menu looks terrible in N4.<br />
<br />
-Matt<!--content-->Have a gander at the drop down menu on my site, address below. Like it then let me know, I'll give you some directions to setting one up.<!--content--><TD WIDTH="1" HEIGHT="18" bgcolor="#002B55"></TD><br />
<br />
NS will not render a table if it is empty. you need to at least put a &nbsp; in it<!--content-->

Back