Table Difficulties

liunx

Okay I think I have most of the site figured out but now the right table that includes Canadian Baseball chamiponships works in IE but does not work properly in Netscape....any one see my html mistake in the code?<br />
<br />
<br />
www3.ns.sympatico.ca/mayor/home.html<!--content-->I have some problems understanding your code here. For instance, the following string is taken from your page:<br />
<br />
</A></TD></TR></A></SPAN></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY><br />
<br />
I have some trouble seeing anything following a </tr> tag, other than a <tr> or </table>. I am not saying that this is the cause of your problem, but this is not the only instance of confusing code here. <br />
<br />
What about this one:<br />
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0> </A></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><br />
<br />
See, you have a table with no rows and no cells, even if you close them. <br />
<br />
I suggest you go to <br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://validator.w3.org/">http://validator.w3.org/</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
enter your URL, and correct all of the mistakes.<!--content-->Whew! I have to agree. corwings....did you use an editor to write that code? Its a mess. I didn't even try to solve the Netscape issue. Why? I viewed the page in Ie 5.0, Netscape4.7, and Netscape6..........and I viewed three different versions of the page. There are tons of nested tables, and loads of dead HTML tags...both of which don't do much good for cross browser compatability.<br />
<br />
heres a little table sample...something you might be able to use....simple......easy to follow, works in all browsers. It might be time to redo this one.<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title>Untitled</title><br />
</head><br />
<body><br />
<table width="100%" height="10%" cellpadding=3 cellspacing=0 border=1><br />
<tr><br />
<td>&nbsp;</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<table width="100%" height="80%" cellpadding=3 cellspacing=0 border=1><br />