Table centred in opera but not IE!

liunx

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://me.breathehard.com/onelinedrawing.html">http://me.breathehard.com/onelinedrawing.html</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
i've made the border "1" to sho the problem up better. why is IE (i'm using 5) renderin the table right-aligned while it's centred in opera?!<br />
<br />
:)<!--content-->As far as I can see the table is centerd. I am using IE5 as well, with a 800x600 res on a networked NT!!<br />
<br />
I think for the time being you should forget Opera and concentrate on IE, unless a higher percentage of your surfers are going to be using Opera. If you cant get one of the primary browser to play your games you should keep clear of the secondary browers for now.<br />
<br />
Good luck anyway :cool:<!--content-->hrm, how bizarre. the funny thing, the secondary browser IS playing my games, and IE isn't! maybe this is a glitch in IE 5 for mac. it seems odd, though. my table is definately displaying uncentred in IE.... :(<!--content-->I say that you leave Opera for a while and dont look at it for a while then just work on IE.<br />
<br />
Typical MACS huh :P<!--content-->unless I am as blind as a bat I don't see anyhting that says you are centering the table. you css has this<br />
<br />
tr {color: #330000;<br />
background: #FFFFFF;<br />
font-size: 12px;<br />
font-family: "Arial"}<br />
<br />
<br />
td {color: #330000;<br />
background: #FFFFFF;<br />
font-size: 12px;<br />
font-family: "Arial"}<br />
<br />
<br />
anf the code for the table is this - <table border="0"><br />
<br />
where do you have it centered or right aligned?????<!--content-->i took out the centre command because it wasn't needed and it seemed like the right align glitch was on my end only. but i've put it back in if you're interested (in the body code: <table align="center">)<br />
<br />
and that's enough mac-bashing, thankyou! :mad:<!--content-->uhhhhh it is centered. make the borders visible and you can see you have 4 columns. the table is centered according to my screen width.<!--content-->uhhhhh no it's not, on IE 5 for mac, anyway. that's what i'm saying...<!--content-->yes the table takes up the whole browser window so it has to be centered. if you just want the main text to be center then take out the other 3 columns. here is a picture of what I seen with borders on and table centered. don't know about you but the code is doing exactly as it was told. if you are having problems on your Mac then my guess is you should update you IE on there. as the world will see it just like I do.<!--content-->

Back