Table cell, is this possible question

liunx

Well your the ones to ask.<br />
<br />
I have a number of tables on my page, which is not active on the net so I'm not able to show you, at this time but what I need is a static background in one of the main cells can this be done?<!--content-->Originally posted by Huggy <br />
Well your the ones to ask.<br />
<br />
I have a number of tables on my page, which is not active on the net so I'm not able to show you, at this time but what I need is a static background in one of the main cells can this be done? <br />
<br />
<td background="filename.gif"><!--content-->if thats the only way, its not what I'm looking for but thanks for your input aways :)<!--content-->Originally posted by Huggy <br />
if thats the only way, its not what I'm looking for but thanks for your input aways :) <br />
This is a no scroll background image code. I doubt very much if it can be used in tables.<br />
<br />
<br />
<script language="JavaScript1.2"><br />
if (document.all)<br />
document.body.style.cssText="background:white url(your.gif) no-repeat fixed center center"<br />
</script><!--content-->Originally posted by jdavia <br />
Any particular reason for using javascript?<br />
<br />
The correct way of using javascript is <br />
<script type="text/javascript"><br />
<br />
Huggy, what do you mean by static background for a table cell?<!--content-->Originally posted by nkaisare <br />
Any particular reason for using javascript?<br />
The correct way of using javascript is <br />
<script type="text/javascript"><br />
<br />
It was an old script I had on file and grabbed, language was in then. <br />
<br />
I thought Huggy meant a background image that didn't scroll when the page was scrolled.<!--content-->No, I was referring to the use of javascript over just <body style="background:white url(your.gif) no-repeat fixed center center"><!--content-->Huggy...I have the same problem. I use tables in my web page ( not experienced enough to use frames or CSS yet). I use a .gif file as the background in one cell. But I don't want it to repeat. <br />
I have two cells side by side. If the cell that doesn't have the gif as the background extends because of text being put in, so does the cell with the gif file as the background. I want the gif to stay static even if the cell lengthens. Am I making sense and am I doing it the hard way ? I open to any suggestions. Is this what you are experiencing Huggy ?<!--content-->

Back