Table, BGIMG, BGCOLOR & text on top of that

liunx

Hi,<br />
<br />
Attached you will find a screen shot of what I'm trying to achieve in code and I want to know if it's possible (I think it is), but I don't have time to waste testing the hypothesis.<br />
<br />
The attached image should be pretty self explanatory, but for detail's sake:<br />
<br />
The BGCOLOR will be sky blue.<br />
The BGIMG will be the world and placed in the top-left corner. Now as you can see the world image isn't going to take up the entire cell background. If I have the BGCOLOR set to the same color of the background of the world img, then there should be no problem and the viewer should be able to view the table the same as the attached image here, right?<br />
The title, Honduras Missions, will have a transparent background and be set in the <td>.<br />
<br />
What do you think? Will the bacground colors idea work (in all browsers)?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->Will it work thats down to you.<br />
<br />
For the colours try to use web safe colours to achieve a seemless join between the image and the BG.<br />
<br />
Even better I would design the whole thing in an image editor. Crop the world out to use as the image. Then crop a tiny segment of the same images background to use as a repeating background to ensure that the same point of referance is used in term of display dynamics... does that make sense? It does to me.<!--content-->or have the world image have a transparent background and then it wouldn't matter.<!--content-->i need help resizing the background image body {<br />
BACKGROUND-COLOR: FFFFFF;<br />
background-image:url(<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://myspace-188.vo.llnwd.net/01135/88/15/1135355188_l.jpg">http://myspace-188.vo.llnwd.net/01135/8 ... 5188_l.jpg</a><!-- m -->); <br />
background-position:center; background-attachment:fixed;<br />
<br />
}<!--content-->oiramida, first, please don't post to threads that are not even related to your question. plus it is like 3 years old. Second, you have to resize the iamge locally on your pc, you cannot do it in css.<!--content-->I haven't heard, but maybe they will try and introduce that in CSS 3. That, and having multiple backgrounds are both in popular demand.<!--content-->

Back