System with two asynchronous processes

BeenHeaxale

I'm planning to write a system which should accept input from users (from browser), make some calculations and show updated data to all users, currently visiting certain website.Input can come one time in a hour, but can also come 100 times each second. It is VERY important not to loose any of user inputs, but really register and process ALL of them.So, the idea was to create two programs. One will receive data (input) from browser and store it somehow in a queue (maybe an array, to be really fast?). Second program should wait until there are new items in the queue (saving resources) and then became active and begin to process the queue items. Both programs should run asynchronously.I can php, so I would write first program using php. But I'm not sure about second part.. I'm not sure about how to send an event from first to second program. I need some advice at this point. Threads are not possible with php? I need some ideas how to create the system like i discribed.I would use comet server to communicate feedback to the website the input came from (this part already tested)

Back