Suggestions on using a Portal App?

windows

(Think I should have posted this here instead of The Lounge, sorry)<br />
Hi there, I'm hoping you guys might have some suggestions about a cool portal app I could use. There are a bunch of websites I've been neglecting and want to get running again, but I'm a really lazy webmaster *heh* and don't have the time to hardcode something myself. I'd like to find a good portal application that I can just load with all of my data and then edit the appearance of, you know? Otherwise I may never have the energy to get these done Anyway, some suggestions would be very appreciated. I need one that is free, has forums, and can be edited (layout and graphic wise). I had a REALLY good one, but I wasn't using the licence legally and everytime they came up with an update you couldn't integrate the changes; you just had to start all over again. Advice (and links, or course) would be very welcome. Thanks <br />
<br />
Kelvyn<!--content-->maybe PHP Nuke is what you want.<!--content-->This may very well be what I need, thanks. Any idea how it compares to what I found at phpbb.com ? I'm really new to php...<br />
<br />
thanks again!<br />
Kelvyn<!--content-->Sorry, I have no idea how it compares to phpbb, but just off the top of my head, PHP Nuke is a content management system while phpbb is just a bulletin board script I believe. I think your server has to be setup to support phpnuke, not sure if you can use it on any and every website host so check with your host if you use one.<!--content-->Thanks for the head start :)<!--content-->yeah i would definetly go with either phpnuke or postnuke, which are armed to the teeth content management systems, you server requirements will be php, mysql & apache.<br />
there are few others also here (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Portal_Systems/index.html">http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_a ... index.html</a><!-- m -->) <br />
<br />
you'll have a great time with either of them :)<!--content-->i would highly recommend PfaBB at pfabb.lunabyte.com<!--content-->

Back