Suddenly I discoverd that from Google first page I vanished

Woonalmildrom

Dear Fellow Webmasters',I need your experience and knowledge to understand the sudden situation my website has been.My website as with my signature below, is just a year old and came up to rank on Google first page for my main domain keyword. I was getting decent traffic and business. Recently I changed my website template and did a bit of re-orientation but still ensuring the best SEO requirements. I never believed in fighting against the system but rather staying with the system. Suddenly I found my website first moved to the 2nd page for the same keyword and then to the 3rd page and suddenly it vanished. Though it is very much with Google for other not so popular keywords but for this keyword I am nowhere. Is this called the 'Google hump'? I don't thisnk I have been 'sandboxed' as my other pages still rank high. With Yahoo the experience is relatively mild. From first page it went to 2nd page for the main keyword and for the other keyword it remains in the first page but rank 7th from 3rd. I am doing fairly well with Yahoo overall.Can someone share his/her thoughts as if this is normal and temporary.I'll be oblgied to get knowledgeable opinions in this regard. My website in case the signature is not visible http://www.how2makeawebsite.com/ (Mods. please remove the link if this violates forum rules).Youe website content changed?No, nothin changed except some re-orientation of the tier 2 pages and the page layout.Well, sometimes after making a big redesign of the websites, some temporary ranking drops could be expected but after a while the things would usually return to the normal status again.Thank you so much bermuda. I just wish that your words are right.It happened with my website also as given in signature, I changed my website design and my site ranking went down, but after some time it got back to its original position.My advice to you is that you concentrate on building back links of your website, rest will be okay.Thank you so much Karmadir. I wish that I get the similar result like your's.Changing website content can be risky and can have the opposite effect as you thought it would have!When you changed the layout, did you change any tags? Such as changing an <h1> tag to an <h2> tag and so forth. Keep in mind that it is best to change a websites layout and design purely through css if you like your page rank. When done through css, your rank will remain constant. However, if you changed the actual hierarchy of your layout in the html, this will effect your page rank. Also keep in mind that your competing for these ranks against all other related websites. Take a look at the websites that have replaced your spot on the google search. Some may be new and upcoming with better SEO tactics than your own site, resulting in their higher page rank than yours.Hi mindfullsilence,My IBP SEO report says my website score at 93%. Apart from this my website is SBI powered which iteself takes care of all the onpage and offpage SEO parameters.Also I have my website very much CSS based. Only thing I changed the template and reworking the tier 2 links a bit introducing some new one as tier 2 and moving some tier 2 as tier 3.Yes, as u rightly pointed that I did changed the hierchy of the layout which changed the sitemap accordingly.The competition have the upper hand only with the age of the website. While mine is just 13 months there are websites 6/7 years. I do competition analysis by a tool/software which gives me all details about the number of backlinks, age, and many more information. Definitely my SEO score is much better than many except the number of links and age of the domain.Link building being an ongoing process....but my question was if I had been ranked on first page with the same algorithm how can I just vanish? Was it a mistake by Google to rank me first page sometime?