Submitting Data Anonymously

liunx

I have created a survey to post on my site. It is a simple form that is not associated with a database because I don't need to retain the information. The results are sent via email. My challenge is that I need the survey to be submitted anonymously. I have set the form so that it does not capture the user's id but when I receive the results, I find that the user's name is on the email (from field). Is there a way to set this up so that when the submit button is clicked and I receive the results, the From field in the email is blank? Thanks in advance.<!--content-->use a server side language to handle the form, then set the sender as something like<br />
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> just so you know where it came from right away and give it a generic subject and only send the feilds you want in the mail body. If you are using an html form the email has to come from somewhere so there will always be an email address in there, but if you handle it server side the mail comes from your smtp. What server side scripting options do you have?<!--content-->Thanks for your quick response. Ah, that makes sense. ASP is my server side scripting. Unfortunately, I have just started dabbling in it so my knowledge of ASP is very low. Do you have a site/resource you can direct me to that would help me to figure out how to do this?<!--content-->I would search the asp forum on how to send email in asp. I know some asp, but I am no expert on asp, I do not know how to send email from asp, or do a lot of the data base stuff (but If I wanted to I could figure it out very easily). But if you have asp.net, I can supply you with code right now :p. Asp does not have email built in, it requires the use of a component, CDONTS, CDO and ASPEmail, are the most popular, chances are your server has cdonts, as I believe it is bundled with iis. Asp.net has email built in with system.net.sockets.<!--content-->

Back