submission questions

laetye

Can anyone shed some light on whats going on with google please ?I submitted the site on new years day, it came up straight away on a search, now its gone. I can only get the mentions of it in this message board!! There is another one too but its another boards help forum that i was testing.I did re submit it, would that cause problems do you think ??Happy New Year people. General Spingoogle questions go in the google forum k sorry bout that, please delete if you wish. no need to delete it, just moved it for you. You'll know next time. Don't worry about it....if it showed up in your search before and dissapeared, thats normal. Just be patient and your site should be back shortly.I've heard anecdotal reports of the same thing happening when other people have submitted pages. Like paulk said, I wouldn't worry about it. I think it takes google a little while to determine where a page should go in the results. You'll find a lot of debate about how they determine that here in the google forum.I doubt that resubmitting it once will be a problem, but there's no point to submitting it again as it won't help. It would be better if google finds links to it on other sites. You'll find plenty of talk about getting inbound links in this forum, but one thing you can do is add a link to your site in your signature. I'm not sure how much weight google give to links from forums, but my signature links do show up about 40-50 times when I check my backlinks through google, so presumably they count for something.Yeh its there again now, strange thing. Fascinating though. Am going to explore this forum some more when Ive had some sleep. The registering on loads of sites and using my http sounds easy enough. Could go on a charm offensive to the rest of these kinds of sites too, theres also a webring in existence, dont know a lot about them though.Best get meself a signature going then eh ?Hmmm, lemmee think... its just gonna be something predictable about spinning or fire... ah well, heres the first intentional one :http://www.domorepoi.comThanks a lot for the help.ColeyThe reason your site is picked up quickly and then disappears after a while is called Google's 'Freshbot' --- it scans the internet for new pages, and whenever there is one gives it a temporary boost to the rankings, but expect that boost to die down after a period of about 2 weeks.Cheers Pompei, can I ask you another one ? :if i put " domorepoi " in google, up it comes no problems. If I put "Poi" in its nowhere to be seen. Now thats what any potential learner is going to be putting into google, that or "firespinning" or "firetwirling" etc. All these keywords have been used in the description bit when I added my URL but its not coming up. The way I understand it, I could go round the internet putting http://www.domorepoi.com everywhere and linking etc but thats not going to help when someone just types "poi" or "firespinning" is it ?Dont get me wrong Im not expecting it to be on the fist page or anything but at least within the first twenty pages eh ?perplexed again (gonna use that as a name) General SpinOptimize for the word "POI". Do you use just "POI" anywhere on the site?I suggest to change the title back to a steady one: Do more POI is fair enough. Google doesn't read javascripts.No need to enter the url in your title. Besides that change "Home Page" into <h1>Do more POI</h1>Cuerock, do you mean stick the word "Poi" everywhere in the site? Theres got to be loads of mentions already, will have a look through it though.Luchtzak, sorry mate cant do that its too drastic a move for this little problem.Ive changed the homepage title but its not made much difference I just went through the first 67 pages of google poi and its not there. Hmmmm.If it was used a lot would that make a difference ? Coz thats just a matter of letting people know about it on the right forums etc. I could generate at least a thousand visits inside two weeks I think. Would this help a lot or a little ?Cheers for all this advice ozzuGeneral SpinGeneral Spin wrote:By that I meant the changes in your title...Im on it now been registering with gimpsy, zeal etc all day. Gimmee a couple of weeks and Ill understand all this and will have a better ranking hopefully. Thanks for indulging me with my newbieness I just wish I could contribute to this place a little more.Me out.General Spin