submission form not sending to e-mail box

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have a submission form on my site that says it's working, when you hit the "submit" button it says it's been sent. However, it's not going to the e-mail box. Clearly I have a path messed up somewhere, but can't seem to find it. Any ideas would be helpful, thanks. <br />
Tess<!--content-->It probably isnt a messed up path as you put it. HTML email forms do not work a whole lot of the time. It is only going to work if the user has a mail client on their machine and it will need to be configured and all. You should consider using a server side language and an smtp server to send your email forms. Who is your host and what server side technologies do they support?<!--content-->Are you using "mailto:[email protected]" with the submit? This doesn't work in Netscape I'm pretty sure. It does work in IE though. I had this problem months ago. You'd click submit and it would look like everything worked fine, but it didn't actually send anything in Netscape. It worked fine in IE, though this is not the best way to submit a form.<!--content-->Originally posted by TomDenver <br />
Are you using "mailto:[email protected]" with the submit? This doesn't work in Netscape I'm pretty sure. It does work in IE though. I had this problem months ago. You'd click submit and it would look like everything worked fine, but it didn't actually send anything in Netscape. It worked fine in IE, though this is not the best way to submit a form. It will not work on any machine that does not have a mail client. It is not browser specific but you need to have either webmail through aol or msn on the machine or you need to have outlook configured or mozilla mail or whatever you use as your default mail client.<!--content-->Actually I was thinking of a different bug. In Netscape (even with email setup on the machine) it will submit a form like this, but it sends a blank email, rather than no email at all.<!--content-->Oh, I have never heard of that one. Yet another problem with using an html mailto form...<!--content-->

Back