style sheet anchor issues

liunx

I'm having issues with my style sheet anchor links. <br />
<br />
I've created an a.link style and an a.hover style for my links. Works just fine... Except for when the link has been visited. Then the visited link style overrides the a.link style. I tried adding an a.visited style which is the same as my a.link style to fix the problem, but that just seemed to override my a.hover style... <br />
<br />
What do I need to do to have the a.link style stay constant... regardless of times visited.<br />
<br />
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated<br />
<br />
.sub<!--content-->this seems to work for me:<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title>Untitled</title><br />
<STYLE><br />
A:link, A:visited { color:#999999; text-decoration:none; font-family: georgia; font-weight: bold; font-size: 12pt; }<br />
A:hover, A:active { color:#e01c02; text-decoration:none; font-family: georgia; font-weight: bold; font-size: 12pt; }<br />
</STYLE><br />
</head><br />
<br />
<body><br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"http://www.yahoo.com">lkewhfl</a><br />
<br />
</body><br />
</html><!--content-->I read this thread at (ahem!) work today while working on a site for the intranet, and I wasn't experiencing that on my laptop. I don't have an image editor there but I have one at home, so I emailed it to myself there and when I opened it up to work on it tonight, the same thing happened to me!<br />
I have IE 5.0 on NT on the laptop, and IE 5.5 on '98 at home. Must be something somewhere in the settings. I'll try your solution and see what happens.<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->Dr. web,<br />
<br />
I tried your solution and still no go. I currently have a style sheet linked to my pages for background image purposes so I doubt that would get in the way. I put your stylesheet code right into the link stylesheet but it caused the same problem as before. Once the link is visited, it takes on the link visited attributes and the roll-over doesn't work.<br />
<br />
Here's my stylesheet code:<br />
<br />
.top-bg { background-image: url(images/top_end2.gif); background-repeat: repeat; background-position: left top}<br />
.bott-bg { background-image: url(images/bott_end.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: left top}<br />
A:link, A:visited { color:#999999; text-decoration:none; font-family: georgia; font-weight: bold; font-size: 12pt; } <br />
A:hover, A:active { color:#e01c02; text-decoration:none; font-family: georgia; font-weight: bold; font-size: 12pt; } <br />
<br />
Any other advice?<br />
<br />
Is this happening to anyone else?<br />
<br />
.sub<!--content-->If I'm correct, IE will see the first style sheet and skip the second one. why don't you use just one. you can have a lot of stuff in it to cover everything.<!--content-->Scoutt...<br />
<br />
that's what I did. I put all my styles in one stylesheet and I'm still getting this problem...<br />
<br />
.sub<!--content-->Try this...<br />
<br />
A {<br />
font : bold 12pt georgia, sans-serif;<br />
text-decoration: none;<br />
}<br />
<br />
A:link {<br />
color:#999999;<br />
}<br />
<br />