Stuck on Links

liunx

I'm stuck again :( my links change color on hover but when I click on them, they get uhmm...stuck or frozen on their "on hover" state??? why is this so??...pls. see attached txt script...<br />
<br />
i thought by just inserting class="---" on each link I could have them change color on mouse-over...it worked b4 on another much more complex script...now...<br />
<br />
Any ideas...i thought i had it solved already...aaargggh..<!--content--><style type="text/css"><br />
<br />
a.className:active {<br />
color:color;<br />
}<br />
<br />
</style><br />
<br />
Hope that helps.<!--content-->Thanks, but uhmm kinda very new at this CSS thing...can you please elaborate a bit? :confused:<!--content-->Sorry.<br />
<br />
In the <head> section put:<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<br />
a:link {<br />
color:#ff0000;<br />
text-decoration:none;<br />
}<br />
a:visited {<br />
color:#ff0000;<br />
text-decoration:none;<br />
}<br />
a:hover {<br />
color:#000077;<br />
text-decoration:overline underline;<br />
}<br />
a:active {<br />
color:#008800;<br />
text-decoration:underline;<br />
}<br />
<br />
</style><br />
<br />
a:link = this is what the link will look like before it is clicked<br />
a:visited = this is what the link will look like after it has been clicked<br />
a:hover = this is what the link will look like when the mouse is over it<br />
a:active = this is what the link will look like while it is being clicked and when it has that dotted outline<br />
<br />
color = this is the text color of the link<br />
text-decoration = this is the text decoration of the link. You can change the decoration to italic, underline, overline, or a combination of those. To make the text bold, you have to add another property, font-weight:bold;<!--content-->That affects every link on your site though, so keep that in mind. CSS is a powerful tool it can do way more then links. It can also be used to make your scroll bars, borders, etc. Its nice.<!--content-->

Back