Strange table behavior or crappy logic???

liunx

Hello Guys,<br />
<br />
Can some one pleae take a look at the html code below<br />
<br />
<br/>So far so good <br/><br />
<table style="border:2px red solid;" align="left" width="100%"><br />
<tr><br />
<td width="50%"><br />
<br />
Table1 - Cell 1</td><br />
<td>Table1 - Cell 2</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br/>This line should honor the line break and should appear below(NS shows intended result)<br />
Break here - 1<br/><br />
<br />
<table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="1"><br />
<tr><br />
<td>Table 1 - Cell 1</td><br />
<td>Table 1 - Cell 2</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br/><br />
Break here<br/><br />
<table width="100%" style="height:400pt;"cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="1"><br />
<tr><br />
<td>Table 2 - Cell 1</td><br />
<td>Table 2 - Cell 2</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br/><br />
Break here<br/><br />
<table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="1"><br />
<tr><br />
<td>Table 3 - Cell 1</td><br />
<td>Table 3 - Cell 2</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
<br />
If you see it in your NS6+/IE6+ and Opera 7+ browsers,it dsiplays completely strangely.<br />
In NS6+ plus only the results are as intended all others crap out on me..<br />
<br />
What I want is simply once a table end tag is reached and I add any text next to it something like<br />
</table><br />
<br>Some Text<br />
I want "Some Text" to appear on the line below or next line where as if you cut and paste the html code above and view it in IE you will see that it actually starts painting "some Text" towards the right end of the table block and then wraps the line to next line..in other words it does not honor <br/> tag..Can some one please shed some light..<br />
Oh btw I do have my reasons to use tables so please help rather suggesting CSS..:-)<!--content-->I have noticed before that sometimes two <br>'s are needed after a table. Not sure why this is...anyone?<br />
<br />
Anyway, I changed your code to align=center for the first table and the following break worked fine. Not sure if that helps you or not, but I thought if the width was 100%, align=center would be no harm to do.<br />
<br />
Tom<!--content-->Is this html or xhtml?<br />
<br />
I thought <br> tags didn't need a / for html? and if it's xhtml it should be <br /><!--content-->Thanks for your responses guys,<br />
Though Toms suggestion did the trick,I am still not able to uinderstand the peculiar behavior...that why would IE and opera not honor the <br/> tag in the above scenario...<br />
<br />
Thanks again guys<!--content-->

Back