Stored Procedure fails when performing Update

Lemonsaresour

I'm using the SQL Server Driver for PHP to connect to an SQL Server 2008 Express. Right now, I'm trying to replace all SELECT, UPDATE and INSERT statements by stored procedures. This is working fine for SPs that just contain a SELECT statement. But now I tried to do one with an update, and I keep getting the error message "Executing SQL directly; no cursor.". I can call the SP fine from Management Studio with the same parameter values. Any ideas?CheersAlexEDIT: here's one update procedure. The funny part is, the procedure is actually executed fine and updates the data like it's supposed to. But it still returns an error, resulting in an exception.First, the PHP code that fails:\[code\]if (! $this->Result = sqlsrv_query($this->Conn, $strQuery, $arrParameters, array("Scrollable"=>SQLSRV_CURSOR_STATIC))){ $this->sendErrorMail($strQuery, $arrParameters); throw new Exception(4001);}\[/code\]SQL \[code\]USE [testsite] GO /****** Object: StoredProcedure [dbo].[Items_countDownload] Script Date: 09/09/2010 18:03:28 ******/ SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO -- ============================================= -- Author: Alexis Hildebrandt -- Create date: 2010-09-09 -- Description: Increases the download count by 1 -- ============================================= ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[Items_countDownload] @Id INT AS BEGIN -- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from -- interfering with SELECT statements. SET NOCOUNT ON; DECLARE @DownloadCount INT = 0, @MaxCount INT = 0, @Id2 INT = 0 DECLARE itemCursor CURSOR SCROLL FOR SELECT Id, Downloads FROM Items WHERE Id = @Id OR SKU IN ( SELECT SKU FROM Items WHERE Id = @Id ) FOR UPDATE OF Downloads OPEN itemCursor FETCH NEXT FROM itemCursor INTO @Id, @DownloadCount; -- Find the largest Download count across all versions of the item WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN IF @MaxCount < @DownloadCount SET @MaxCount = @DownloadCount; FETCH NEXT FROM itemCursor INTO @Id, @DownloadCount; END -- Increase the download count by one for all versions FETCH FIRST FROM itemCursor INTO @Id, @DownloadCount; WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN UPDATE Items SET Downloads = @MaxCount + 1 WHERE CURRENT OF itemCursor FETCH NEXT FROM itemCursor INTO @Id, @DownloadCount; END CLOSE itemCursor; DEALLOCATE itemCursor;END\[/code\]

Back