Stop The Guestbook Spam

liunx

I'm getting hit bad with guestbook spammers. How can I prevent them from making guest book entries? Is there a way to have guest book entries go into a queue that I can approve or decline? It is time consumming to delete once entered because you have to do a transmit for each one. It would be faster if the admin functions provided for a checkbox so you could select all the entries at once that need deletion. Any ideas for how to make things better?<br /><br />Thank you,<br />Bob Hilke<!--content-->
You have several options to help stop Guestbook spam.<br /><br />Make sure you are rinning the latest verison of the Guestbook. <br />Install a captcha (image verification) before accepting a comment. <br />Upgrade to Lazarus Guestbook.<!--content-->
<a href="http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/" target="_blank">Lazarus Guestbook</a> allows you to moderate guestbook posts<br /> and edit or approve before they can show up.<br /><br />two features I love,<br /><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Webmaster can review entries before they appear (optional)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Easy integration into your website using the supplied include file<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><br /><br />It has stopped all of my GB spam.<br />It can use your current advanced GB database with no loss.<!--content-->
I am thinking of using this as well even though through other methods I have recieved no SPAM in my AG for several months.<!--content-->
Bob which guestbook script are you using? If it is Advanced Guestbook from proxy2.de then make sure you have updated to 2.3.4 and then you can download a fix from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.carbonize.co.uk/AG">www.carbonize.co.uk/AG</a><!-- w --> or you can upgrade to Lazarus which is a fork of AG that I make. If it is some other script then maybe I can take a look at writing a mod for it.<!--content-->

Back