stop background image from scrolling!!!

liunx

Hi,<br />
<br />
I'm having a problem with frames and background images. I got a page that is buildt up from several frames with background images that makes up a square frame aroun the main content. My probleme is that when I click inside the frames and drag, it is posible to move the background image. Anyone had this probleme or know how to fix it??<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
<br />
egil<!--content-->do you have an example?<!--content-->I have seen/suffered this problem before, it seems irritatingly common. But I have also seen pages WON'T let you select-and-drag-and-move the frame, alas never understood the difference. I am very interested in the answer.<!--content-->I just found the soulution to my problem. <br />
<br />
in the body tag, write : <body BGPROPERTIES=FIXED> This should make the background stay in the same place.<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
<br />
egil<!--content-->but, that does not work in anything but IE browsers.<!--content-->You're right, but I just found out that the problem didn't occur in any other browsers in the first place. It would be good to know why this is a problem in IE and not the others.<br />
However, it works for my site now :)<br />
<br />
egil<!--content-->well without you providing an example I don't know what you are talking about. I can't do it to one of my framed sites and I don't use the bgproperties. now you are talking aobut left clicking in the frames page (not the scroll bar) and dragging it down, you say you can move the background? I've never seen this.<!--content-->you can check out this url<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.jacobnine.no/stene-johansen">http://www.jacobnine.no/stene-johansen</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
Nothing works on this site but it will show you what I mean. LEFT click and drag in the red area on the top of the page. This will move tha background image in IE but writing BGPROPPERTIES=FIXED in the body tag will fix this problem. And I only think it's a problem in IE.<br />
<br />
cheers<br />
<br />
egil<!--content-->you are not moving the background. you are selecting everything in the framset and sense the picture is bigger than the frame it is scrolling. if you made the picture smaller (cut the bottom off) this will not happen.<!--content-->

Back