still problems with css and netscape

liunx

First of all, thank for you for your valuable tips! <br />
<br />
I have still problems with css. I am not sure now whether my syntax is correct or what is wrong now.<br />
<br />
I have put the doctype and everything in the file but still the links for example are completely screwed up! ... are there anyone out there using netscape;) for me IE is so much better and kinder at least for a web designer;)<br />
<br />
ok, here is the html page attached and the css file looks like this :<br />
<br />
<STYLE TYPE="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
A.menu:link {text-decoration:none; font-size: 12px; font-weight:bold;font-family:verdana; color=#28313C}<br />
A.menu:visited {text-decoration:none; font-size: 12px; font-weight:bold; font-family: verdana; color=#28313C}<br />
A.menu:active {text-decoration:none; font-size: 12px; font-weight:bold; font-family: verdana; color=#28313C}<br />
A.menu:hover {text-decoration:none; font-size: 12px; font-weight:bold;font-family: verdana; color=#F85900}<br />
<br />
--><br />
</STYLE><!--content-->so what is the problem exactly? what is NS not doing that you think it should?<br />
<br />
also this is invalid<br />
<br />
<!-- BGROUND //-><br />
<br />
you need a --> at the end, no 1 -<!--content-->HI!!!!<br />
Here I have attached screenshots of these links in IE and NS. As can be seen its completly wrong in NS!!!<!--content-->with some weird lines under the first link. also when you move your mouse over the link it "escapes" the cursor , very interesting feature...<!--content-->for one you have your css backwards. the order has to go a specific way.<br />
<br />
<STYLE TYPE="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
a.menu:link {text-decoration:none; font-size: 12px; font-weight:bold;font-family:verdana; color:#28313C}<br />
a.menu:hover {text-decoration:none; font-size: 12px; font-weight:bold;font-family: verdana; color:#F85900} <br />
a.menu:visited {text-decoration:none; font-size: 12px; font-weight:bold; font-family: verdana; color:#28313C}<br />
a.menu:active {text-decoration:none; font-size: 12px; font-weight:bold; font-family: verdana; color:#28313C}<br />
<br />
--><br />
</STYLE><br />
<br />
<br />
try that and see if it changes. also you can't use equl signs in css.<br />
<br />
color=#28313C<br />
<br />
so actually NS was righh again and IE was wrong.<!--content-->SCOUTT it worked, thank you!<br />
no problem now!<!--content-->Use this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-uri.html">http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-uri.html</a><!-- m --> to find any other typos in the CSS.<!--content-->HI!!!<br />
<br />
Well, here I have taken screenshots of how the links look like in IE and NS, As can be seen in NS its completely wrong!!!<!--content-->

Back