Start a local File via XML

water1810

I'm working with Visual Studio 2008, I have several projects that resides within a VOB which we branch under our developing process. In order to get some structure, I decided to rebuild the startpage in visual studio. I created an XML with the names of my different projects(see code below). MY PROBLEM IS: When clicking a link to the .sln file it opens the file like a textfile only generating nasty chars, this is done the same way within Internet Explorer and if I use my code from my created Visual Studio. It's like it doesn't not check the file ending, and not firing up the associated program. If I click on it using the ordninary file explorer it is opened correctly. Is there anyway I can specify that when clicking a link to a .sln from within Internet Explorer or an xml file it should NOT be started like a textfile but fired upfrom withing Visual Studio, like when clicking on it in Windows explorer.This is my code\[code\]<rss version="2.0"><channel><title>POGE VOBBAR</title> <link>http://www.example.com/</link> <description>This is my rss 2 feed description</description> <lastBuildDate>Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:37:00 GMT</lastBuildDate> <language>en-us</language> <item><title>My title</title> <link>file:///C:\myfile.sln</link> <guid>file:///C:\myfile.sln</guid> <pubDate>Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:11:00 GMT</pubDate> <description>[CDATA[ This is the description. ]]</description> </item></channel></rss>\[/code\]

Back