SQLXMLBulkLoad Schema Validation Issue (Easy)

doucchakab

I have a huge XML file full of employees and information, and have a question.Example of XML File: \[code\]<Employees> <Employee> <EmployeeID>blah</EmployeeID> <FirstName>blah</FirstName> <LastName>blah</LastName> <MiddleName>blah</MiddleName> .......... and on </Employee> ........ and on</Employees>\[/code\]My schema, so far is like this:\[code\]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>\[/code\]\[code\]<xsd:element name="Employees" sql:relation="The_Employees"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="Employee"> <xsd:element name="EmployeeID" sql:field="EmpNo" type="xsd:integer"/> <xsd:element name="FirstName" sql:field="FirstName"> <xsd:simpleType> <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string"> <xsd:whiteSpace value="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11544943/collapse"/> </xsd:restriction> </xsd:simpleType> </xsd:element> .......... and on </xsd:element> </xsd:sequence> </xsd:complexType></xsd:element>\[/code\]From my research, the root element is supposed to contain the relation with your table in the DB (for privacy sake, the name in this example is "The_Employees") So, I made that relation, and also made the sql:field for each column in the table because the column names are different than the XML Element tags in most cases. However, in what ways to do I relate each individual \[code\]<Employee>\[/code\] tag to my table? Also, whilst validating the XML, it throws this error:\[quote\] The content of 'Employee' must match (annotation?, (simpleType | complexType)?, (unique | key | keyref)*)). A problem was found starting at: element.\[/quote\]It seems like the validator is thinking that I am trying to split the content into two separate tables and therefore need to annotate that, but I am not. Any suggestions?Just FYI: The end product here is going to be a VB.NET program which uses SQLXMLBulkLoad to load the data from the XML file into a fresh SQL Table.

Back