Splitting Cells into columns???

Glad i found this place!<br />
Can u help me with my problem? Seems to be my overall stumbling block with using tables to create a page.<br />
Im ok building a page with rows but splitting the rows gives me problems.<br />
<br />
If i create a row then insert a banner i cant use the rest of the row.Even if i split it up into columns i lose the ability to align text in the remainder of the row.<br />
I can create another table within the row but things start to get complicated and NN4 doesnt seem to like it.<br />
I started out using Net Objects then moved onto Adobe GoLive 6 then had a play with DreamWeaver and now find myself pretty content with FrontPage 5.<br />
Some programs allow you to split a row into columns but not a cell.You have to add coloums across the whole row.<br />
<br />
If you look here (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tels2i.com/forum/index.htm">www.tels2i.com/forum/index.htm</a><!-- w -->).I ve used a colour to highlihjt the borders so you can see the cells.I cant align the text to the top of the banner.<br />
<br />
Heres a pic of what im trying to do within one row.<br />
Click me (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tels2i.com/forum/row.gif">www.tels2i.com/forum/row.gif</a><!-- w -->)<br />
<br />
I hope you understand what i mean.Im trying to minimise the amount of tables but give myself freedom within the rows.<br />
<br />
Thnx in advance;)<!--content-->heres a truly eeeeevil solution:<br />
<br />
<table width=100% border=1><br />
<tr><br />
<td rowspan=99 valign=middle><B>Banner</b></td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td>stuff</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td>stuff</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td>stuff</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td>stuff</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td>stuff</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><!--content-->Cheers.Thats exactly what i was after:)<!--content-->or......<!--content-->frontpage isn't eeeeevil enough for Dr. Evil.<!--content-->

Back