SPHINX SEARCH: Does searchd has to run as a service to make it work with PHP?

w3ceair

I've been working with this all day. But don't get it to work. I can search through CMD and get results on my indexed tables but I have problems trying to understand the sphinxapi for php, i don't even now fully how to write a query and get the results can someone help me to see if this things work.HOW DO WE WRITE A PHP QUERY FOR SPHINX
DATABASE = searchtest
TABLE = documents overlook of my sphinx.conf file\[code\] type = mysqlsql_host = localhostsql_user = rootsql_pass = sqlpasssql_db = searchtestsql_port = 3306 # optional, default is 3306sql_query = \ SELECT * \ FROM documents}index searchtest{ source = src1 path = C:/xampp/htdocs/sphinx/data/searchtest docinfo = extern charset_type = sbcs}indexer{ mem_limit = 32M}searchd{ port = 9312 log = C:/xampp/htdocs/sphinx/log/searchd.log query_log = C:/xampp/htdocs/sphinx/log/query.log read_timeout = 5 max_children = 30 pid_file = C:/xampp/htdocs/sphinx/log/searchd.pid.pid max_matches = 1000 seamless_rotate = 0 preopen_indexes = 0 unlink_old = 1}\[/code\]after running the indexer --all the files appear in the /data directory, but the /log directory is empty now how do i write a query for php?
Can someone help me write a query that searches for "mimmi" in all tables and displays the results?\[code\] <?php include('sphinxapi.php'); $cl = new SphinxClient(); //what to write here, please help stackoverflow??>\[/code\]

Back