Sound file formats / priority in code? -

liunx

Please help - <br />
<br />
I have an embedded .wav file that runs from within the 'topindex.htm' page of a site utilizing frames. I chose this location so that the music stays constant throughout the entire user session, and does not 'reset' after each new page is visited. <br />
<br />
My issue is that upon some of the other pages within the frameset I have links that open media player windows to display videos. These videos also have audio, but this audio differs from the .wav file running upon my 'topindex.htm' page. When the media player opens I can hear BOTH sound sources playing simutaneously. <br />
<br />
My question is this: Is there any way to set 'priority' rights for each sound source? I would like for the sound files that accompany the videos to become the 'default' audio when the media players are opened, but I would like for the original .wav file to play continously the entire rest of the time... <br />
<br />
I am thinking that some audio file formats may take 'precedence' in HTML over others, and that I might be able to set the format within the video files to "override" the original .wav file... <br />
<br />
At any rate, I would greatly appreciate any assistance that anyone might be able to lend. <br />
<br />
Thanks -<!--content-->Dont use background music, simple as that. I might have winamp running or something and I do not want to have some annoying chirp or something that most people use a background music. You could use a link to turn the music on your site on and off, or you can make the link that opens media player direct the user to a new page with a frame with no background music on it.<!--content-->RE: Don't use background sound...<br />
<br />
Well, I would if I could. This is for a client who is very clear about wanting the background music for his site. It's an artsy sort of site anyways, and the bg music doesn't really stand out as badly as it would where this some other type of site (it's more of an "ambiance" sort of thing)...<br />
<br />
So - back to my same question. Is there anyone who has the knowledge to help with my situation? I am in dire need of HTML relavent answers - please help.<br />
<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->Just make it so that when you click the link to the movie it redirects you to a new frame with no music on it, the top that is, and have a new bottum frame with the movies embeded.<!--content-->

Back