Solr autoCommit not working

I am using Solr-php-client to communicate with solr via php.I search solr by using this php-client and amongst other information I get from Solr, the total results are returned to a variable in php:\[code\]$results = $solr->search($querystring, $start_offset, $limit, $solr_params);$num_total = (int) $results->response->numFound;\[/code\]My problem is that when I add a document to Solr WITHOUT committing it, the $num_total is increased anyways. So this means either of two things, or both:1- Solr autoCommit doesn't work
2- The solr-php-client returnes nr of documents instead of nr of committed documents.I might have missed something simple here, so I would appreciate any help.Anyways, here is what I have done with the solrconfig.xml:\[code\] <autoCommit> <maxDocs>3</maxDocs> <maxTime>60000</maxTime> </autoCommit>\[/code\]The number "3" is only for testing purposes, but didn't work as mentioned above.Is there any other settings I should think of besides this above when using autoCommit?I have restarted jetty (my container) and solr after changing the solrconfig.xml file also.If you need more input just let me know...Thanks

Back