solid bg

admin

Administrator
Staff member
on my site i have a curved top to start a box, the bottom is open so it can expand as far as it has to, to do this i set two bars as a bg and put an image at the top to start it. but when you have to scroll down the image goes off and it doesnt look capped anymore, are there any suggestions to keep the image still? i want it to operlap the words.<!--content-->a link would be good. also is it a bg to a page or a table?<!--content-->its not up yet buy im using frames so in the body frame where all the text is i want to keep a pic from moving when you scroll down and i cant put it in the bg or it would eventually repeat.<!--content-->In your content page use this style:<br />
<br />
<HTML> <br />
<HEAD> <br />
<TITLE> Fixed background using styles </TITLE> <br />
<STYLE TYPE="text/css"> <br />
BODY { background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment:fixed; <br />
background-position:left top;background-image:url(blah.jpg) } <br />
</STYLE> <br />
</HEAD> <br />
<BODY> <br />
etc... <br />
<br />
The background-position can left/center/right for x axis and <br />
top/center/bottom for the y axis. With IE5.5 you can use a numeric value to <br />
specify the x/y co-ordinates in pixels.<br />
<br />
:rocker:<!--content-->thanks but it goes under the stuff and disables the bg, can it go ontop of everything and not disable the bg?<!--content-->no you have to set everything so the it is in front of the background. the background should be in the back anyway so how can it make it go upfront?<!--content-->

Back