Soft keyboard covers an EditText in a PopupWindow

smexyskittles

I've thrown together a simple test project that displays a PopupWindow containing an EditText (on Android 2.2). When I tap the EditText, the soft keyboard is shown, as I would expect. However, the soft keyboard covers the EditText, and I cannot get the screen to pan to keep the EditText in view in the way I would have thought it should. My code:TestAdjustPanActivity.java:\[code\]package com.example;import android.app.Activity;import android.graphics.drawable.BitmapDrawable;import android.os.Bundle;import android.view.Gravity;import android.widget.PopupWindow;public class TestAdjustPanActivity extends Activity { @Override public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) { super.onCreate(savedInstanceState); setContentView(R.layout.main); final PopupWindow pw = new PopupWindow(this); pw.setContentView(getLayoutInflater().inflate(R.layout.popup, null, false)); pw.setWidth(400); pw.setHeight(600); pw.setFocusable(true); pw.setOutsideTouchable(true); pw.setTouchable(true); pw.setBackgroundDrawable(new BitmapDrawable()); // This is the line referred to in the edit: pw.setSoftInputMode(WindowManager.LayoutParams.SOFT_INPUT_ADJUST_PAN); findViewById(R.id.main).post(new Runnable() { public void run() { pw.showAtLocation(findViewById(R.id.main), Gravity.NO_GRAVITY, 0, 0); } }); }}\[/code\]main.xml:\[code\]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:id="@+id/main" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:orientation="vertical" > <TextView android:id="@+id/text" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/hello" /></LinearLayout>\[/code\]popup.xml:\[code\]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ScrollView xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" > <LinearLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:background="#666666" android:orientation="vertical" > <EditText android:id="@+id/current_password" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="40dp" android:layout_marginLeft="10dp" android:layout_marginRight="10dp" android:layout_marginTop="300dp" /> </LinearLayout></ScrollView>\[/code\]...and my AndroidManifest.xml does contain the line \[code\]android:windowSoftInputMode="stateUnspecified|adjustPan"\[/code\] in the tag for the one and only activity in the app.Any ideas? None of the other posts on SO related to this issue have done it for me. What am I missing that's keeping the view from panning the way I would expect it to?EDIT: I tried adding a line in TestAdjustPanActivity as indicated, which caused the screen to pan perfectly on an Android 3.2 device I have. However, it still doesn't pan on my Android 2.2 device, which makes this even more confusing.

Back