Slow getimagesize

newkevin

I need to show multiple posts on my website. These posts are combined of internal and external posts. The external posts are periodically imported and saved in my DB using a cronjob.Before showing the posts I extract the text from all HTML. In addition I try to locate the first image contained in the post, continuing until I find an image which height & width meets my requirements. (I only show a small version of the text, and one picture from the post as a teaser)For the purpose of finding the most suitable picture, I use getimagesize, but unfortunately this often creates PHP Execution time of several seconds!How can I speed up my function below? I'm desperate for tips and good tweaking methods!!Thanks in advance\[code\]//extract text without tags from blog post$content = str_get_html("".$post_text."")->plaintext;$max_width = 475;$picture_id = 0;//fetch images from blog postforeach($html->find('img') as $e) {//get picture attributeslist($width, $height, $type, $attr) = getimagesize((is_absolute_url($e->src) ? $e->src : $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].$e->src));//adjust image width & height, so it's the size of the page$new_width = $max_width;$new_height = $new_width / $width * $height;//find percentage of current width versus max width$percentage = ($width / $max_width) * 100; //select picture for display and resizing if the picture is large enough (we don't want to stretch it too much) if($percentage >= 60) { $e->width = $new_width; $e->height = $new_height; $picture = array('src' => $e->src, 'width' => $e->width, 'height' => $e->height); //stop after first picture is found :: we only need one per post if (++$picture_id == 1) break; }}\[/code\]

Back