Slicing an image

windows

Hello everyone. Im wondering how I can take an image and divide it into three sections for my webpage.I learning how to use frames.I want to divide it so I would have a top,side and a main page.But I want to divide it so when I put put it on the webpage it would have a seamless look.Someone told me to use Frontpage. Thanks to everyone that replies.:)<!--content-->DON'T USE FRONTPAGE<br />
you won't be using frames either, the best method for this is to slice the image, then piece it together with css, however if the entire content of your page is images, you may want to rethink your page...<!--content-->Orignally posted by samij586<br />
DON'T USE FRONTPAGEAmen to that :)<!--content-->So what program do I use to slice an image to the right proportions of the webpage?<!--content-->Originally posted by Jeramie <br />
So what program do I use to slice an image to the right proportions of the webpage? <br />
<br />
I use Photoshop and sometimes the Imageready feature in Photoshop to cut an image into pieces. In photoshop, open your image and pull guides to where you want to cut the image. Now use the selection tool to grab each piece. Paste each piece to a new file, then export them to GIF or JPG. In your html document, put all three images into the same cell next to each other (or individual cells in the same row).<br />
<br />
Does this answer your question?<!--content-->Originally posted by Jeramie <br />
So what program do I use to slice an image to the right proportions of the webpage? <br />
Figure out how to do it without slicing. Most things that were done old-school by slice and dice are now done using background images and css. Show us what you're trying and we can give you better suggestions.<!--content-->

Back