sizing my website

liunx

i want to build a site that is in the maximal size it can be when viewing it on netscape at 800X600.<br />
what size should i use if i don't want it to be a pop-up site (only HTML)?<!--content-->you just make it and what ever resolution you users use to look at it will be that size. but if youwant it to look good at any resolution then use %'s in tables if you use them.<!--content-->matanporeh,<br />
<br />
1) Keep in mind that setting the width for you site is a good thing, but the height will mostly be determined by the content on the page itself.<br />
<br />
2) Using tables you can set the width to 100% if you want, but if you design the site to be viewed at a width of 800, then it will look different on any screen setting that is not 800 px wide.<br />
<br />
3) I would set the width to 800 so it's viewed at the same width all the time. Then you can decide to center the page or keep it to the left or right of the screen.<br />
<br />
4) Take a look at this site. This site is set on a fixed width for it's table, and the page is centered on the screen. Regardless of screen width, every forum member will see the same thing (barring differing OS's and browsers.)<!--content-->

Back