Size of page?

liunx

Right how do i make it so that my webpage is automaticaly the size of the person resolution?? <br />
Because if the pictures was set for 1024 and the person getting it's resolution was 1152, How could i change it to automatical fit that size?<!--content-->well i'm not sure if i'm making any scence here but i think you can try this:<br />
<br />
propeties="fixed"><!--content-->You should use tables as layout.<br />
Eg:<br />
<br />
<br />
<table width="100%"<br />
<tr><br />
<td><br />
Some Text and Images in this cell<br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
<br />
You could set the table to be 50% and it would only fill half the screen, what ever size the resolution.<!--content-->Yes, you can use tables and set the dimensions using percentages rather than pixels. You need to check that your layout looks ok as the window is stretched or reduced in size though.<br />
<br />
I wouldn't set the size of your images in percentages though as they will become pixelated and distorted as they stretch.<br />
<br />
Another alternative is to use JavaScript to detect your users resolution and redirect them appropriately to a page designed for that particular resolution. This of course means a lot of extra work for you, it's not a great solution.<!--content-->exactly Goldi, if you set a image to a certain width then the table will always be that width, won't matter on the users resolution. the best way if you want set images is to use what Goldi said, a sniffer, and make 3 pages that are the same but have different size pictures in it.<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
exactly Goldi, if you set a image to a certain width then the table will always be that width, won't matter on the users resolution. the best way if you want set images is to use what Goldi said, a sniffer, and make 3 pages that are the same but have different size pictures in it. even better would be to use JavaScript to write in a different stylesheet for each rez. that'll save you from having 17 different HTML files for each page.<!--content-->>> even better would be to use JavaScript to write in a different stylesheet for each rez. that'll save you from having 17 different HTML files for each page <<<br />
<br />
<br />
What do we do for the 15 to 20% of users who have Javascript turned off?<!--content-->15-20%??! that's way more than average, i think. at most, 10% of users surf w/o J/S, i'd think.<br />
<br />
at any rate, there's no such thing as sniffing without javascript anyway (unless you've got access to server-side scripting like PHP, which isn't all that great as far as sniffing goes IMHO), so might as well just go with percentages and design SMART.<!--content-->

Back