site file arranging/naming

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all, I've uploaded my site to my server space (co easyspace) and my homepage works fine however the links to my other pages don't work but links to other sites do. Feeling its do do with the html file names or arrangement any ideas. site was built with net objects fusion and uploaded with ws_ftp pro (ipswich). cheers<!--content-->Make sure the files are in the same directory on the server then type in /filename.html and it will call up that file. Or type the full url of the page once it is on the server. The path will always change when you upload it so just storeing all of your html and linking relative to the folder with a / ./ or just the name will always work.<!--content-->it seems to be a problem with the links i can make any page the home page (index page) and all the info is on the server but the pages don't link togther. When i click on them it goes to the page on my harddrive ie C:\NetObjects Fusion MX\User Sites\finalsite\finalsite\Preview\links.html<!--content-->because like I said when it is on the server the path to the file is different. Type /theotherpage.html from now on.<br />
<a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"/theotherpage.html">theotherpage</a><br />
then keep theotherpage.html in the same directory as the first page with the link on it and watch it, it will work.<!--content-->

Back