Simplest jQuery, PHP, AJAX, and sqlite example?

GodLike

I'm having a really difficult time understanding how this all works together. I've fiddled for a few days with this and have been unable to come up with any results. I'm trying to fill in a text field in a form, and when the form is submitted, I want to add the text to my sqlite db using ajax. I understand that you need a $.get call in jquery which is triggered on the form's submit. That seems to work fine as I can trigger js alert boxes from there. However, when I pass the address of the php script which has lines to add to the sqlite db using PDO, nothing is added to the db. However, when I run this php script from using php cli, something will get added to the db.I seems to be mission some essential step in between here, I would really appreciate it if someone could bridge this gap for me!Edit:As requested by Martin here's some code:My php generates some list like this with a form in the middle:\[code\]<ul> <li>hello</li> <li id="formItem"> <form action="" method="post"> <input type=text name="content"/> </form> </li> <li>world</li></ul>\[/code\]Then my jquery code looks to add whatever is in the textbox right above it on the list does an ajax call. This is inside a $(document).ready(function(){.\[code\] $("form").submit(function() { var inputText = $("input").val(); $.ajax({ type: "POST", url: "add.php", data: inputText, success: function() { $('#formItem').prev().after( "<li>" + inputText + "</li>" )} });});\[/code\]My add.php file looks like this and it will insert something into my db if I execute the php script on the cli:\[code\]<?php $base = new PDO('sqlite:todo.db');$sql = $base->prepare("INSERT INTO ThisTable (content, priority) VALUES ('lolololol', 1);");$sql->execute();$base = null; ?>\[/code\]

Back