Simple Visible Hit Counter

liunx

I wanted to know if anybody knew how to make a simple, visible hit counter that everybody can see (would be located on the bottom of my page)...I've found a few sites and made a counter on them, but the end results have been disappointing and many contained a link to the counter's website :(<br />
<br />
Does anybody know how I can use javascript or some other method to create one? Or does anybody know a web site that has a nice web counter that's simple and customizable?<br />
<br />
Thank you very much! :)<!--content-->Javascript will NOT make a hit counter. Besides the fact that 13% of internet users don't support JavaScript, there's the fact the JavaScript is Client Side meaning that everything happens on the visitor's browser. It can't save anything. You will need to use a Server Side Language such as CGI-Perl, PHP, ASP, and many others. Most likely, CGI would be the easiest for this task, though there are very many free ones out there. You will first need to, however, see what Server Side languages your web host supports. From there, you can decide what you want to do.<!--content-->Originally posted by MstrBob <br />
Javascript will NOT make a hit counter. Besides the fact that 13% of internet users don't support JavaScript, there's the fact the JavaScript is Client Side meaning that everything happens on the visitor's browser. It can't save anything. You will need to use a Server Side Language such as CGI-Perl, PHP, ASP, and many others. Most likely, CGI would be the easiest for this task, though there are very many free ones out there. You will first need to, however, see what Server Side languages your web host supports. From there, you can decide what you want to do. <br />
<br />
I think I'll try out php...it helps to search on the forums here :)<br />
<br />
thanks!!<!--content-->

Back