Simple Color Question

liunx

When denoting a color in HTML is it necessary to use the code for the color? I just type in the name of the color i.e. blue. Is this a no no?<!--content-->Officially, it's wrong to use a color name since it's not a WC3 standard, but most, if not all modern browsers work just fine with color names. So I wouldn't worry about it.<!--content-->But certain browsers have a different code number for say like "blue". So if color is THAT important to you, I would use the numbers.<!--content-->ok thanks for the info.<!--content-->Originally posted by sk8hardusd <br />
But certain browsers have a different code number for say like "blue". So if color is THAT important to you, I would use the numbers. <br />
and which ones are those?? I do believe hex codes are all the same across ALL browsers.<!--content-->Don't forget that colour numbers must be hashed and quoted to be seen by Netscape browsers:<br />
<br />
color="#FFFFFF"<!--content-->I swear by using hexadecimal color codes, when you use color names, ie; "blue" some browsers won't respond. I'm pretty sure all browsers support hex codes though.<!--content-->Originally posted by giz <br />
Don't forget that colour numbers must be hashed and quoted to be seen by Netscape browsers:<br />
<br />
color="#FFFFFF" <br />
<br />
or you could use<br />
<br />
color: #fff;<br />
<br />
if you were looking for a color like #006699 you would put<br />
<br />
color: #069;<br />
<br />
HTH<!--content-->Yes, you can also do that, but your codes are for CSS whilst I was only talking about HTML.<!--content-->Originally posted by giz <br />
Yes, you can also do that, but your codes are for CSS whilst I was only talking about HTML. <br />
<br />
Same thing for HTML! ;)<br />
<br />
color="#069"<!--content-->

Back