Sharp drop in traffic from Google ?

STOOSTEDENCY

I noticed sudden drop in traffic for one of blogs targeting video gaming niche. The blog is hosted at blogspot and is live for last 2 years. I am seeing quite strange things from Google for past 5 to 7 days. It usually gets around 15K unique visitors daily and more on weekends (Saturday and Sunday). This Saturday it got around 19K unique visits but only 17K on Sunday. Usually figures for weekends are pretty much same but not this time. On Monday it got around 13K only where it has be in the 15K line. And yesterday i.e. Tuesday it got 12496 visitors only which is almost 3K less than what I normally gets. On viewing my stats I saw that this sharp decline in traffic has been from Google only. For today my estimates are to be around 10K only. So you can see that traffic has dropped almost 45% now, all of from Google only. Initially I thought it might be Google Dance and SERPs will return to normal after sometime. But after I heard about Google major update "Caffeine", I am worrying if it's the impact of new update which is yet to go live. Caffeine is in beta currently. My blog targets games news, free downloads, demos and other free stuff related to video games.Is traffic still down? I am not sure how much traffic you get from the USA, but it was a holiday weekend here (Labor Day), and many people are not around Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Our sites always receive less traffic during holidays, sometimes substantially less.Bigwebmaster wrote:That is possible and makes sense why you normally see more traffic on the weekends. However, it was still a holiday weekend and kids are back in school now (which I would guess alot of your traffic might be) so its hard to tell for sure. If I recall this is about the time of the year Google really does start messing around with algorithms.What happened last year around this time for you?Have you checked in the Google Webmaster Central area to see if you have any errors on your website that might be causing issues?nikmahajan wrote: