Several Questions

liunx

1. Can a table's background be more than one color? If so, how? For example,<br />
<br />
__________________________________________<br />
| | |<br />
| | |<br />
| | | <br />
| | | <--- this one<br />
| | | black.<br />
| | |<br />
| | |<br />
| | | <br />
|__________|_____________________________|<br />
<br />
^<br />
|<br />
This one gray.<br />
<br />
2. What's the tag for the onmouse over so when a user puts the mouse over a link (in this case an image) and a line appears under the link, I know this is javascript just can't find tags for it (also I want the color to be orange).<br />
<br />
Oh yeah, just to let you know, I use notepad just incase you were going to tell me something like "in Frontpage go to..."<br />
<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->To make the table's background have more than one background color, you can simply assign the bgcolor field in an individual td or tr, with the rest of the table background set to another color. To give the underline when you mouseover, you can call a javascript function from the link on the mouseover event, and in the function set the text-decoration field to underline, i believe...good luck.<!--content-->To follow up on the previous answer, something like this for your table setting...<br />
<br />
<table><br />
<tr><br />
<td bgcolor="#c0c0c0">stuff here</td><br />
<td bgcolor="#000000">other stuff here</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
<br />
As for your image inquiry, it sound like you want to do a regular image swap. Two images, one with an underline on it, the other without an underline on it. Javascript can then be used to swap them visibly during a mouseover. If it were a text link, then CSS would probably be your answer.<br />
<br />
Here is a page on image swapping if that helps...<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.htmlite.com/JS019.shtml">http://www.htmlite.com/JS019.shtml</a><!-- m --><!--content-->Yeah, the image swapping method would probably be easier to work out than changing the text-decoration variable. You can just do the onmouseover event, and switch the source. Didn't even think of that, whats my problem??<!--content-->

Back