Setting variable name based on loop iteration

aorjung

I hope I'm not overlooking an extremely easy solution when I ask this question.I have a loop in a function in Javascript that gets the coordinates and name a location from an XML file, and creates markers on a custom made google map. I want these markers to be clickable and pop up an info window. I have the code written for it, and all the markers show up fine on the map. But when I click on any marker, only one info window appears on the first marker that was created. Here's what I did...\[code\]for(var i=0; i<items.length; i++) { var latitude = items.getElementsByTagName('Lat')[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue; var longitude = items.getElementsByTagName('Lon')[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue; var latlng = new google.maps.LatLng(latitude,longitude); var titleNode = items.getElementsByTagName('Name')[0].childNodes[0]; var marker = new google.maps.Marker({ position: latlng, map: map, title: titleNode.nodeValue, icon: orangeCircle }); var infoWindow = new google.maps.InfoWindow({ content: 'Hello world' }); google.maps.event.addListener(marker, 'click', function() { infoWindow.open(map, marker); });}\[/code\]My guess (and it's really only a guess, I'm new to javascript) is that I need to create a new marker name for each marker. As in, each one shouldn't just be named "marker". I was thinking the easiest way to fix it was to create a variable name based on what iteration the loop was on, so marker1, marker2, marker3, etc. But I'm not sure how I could set the variable name to add a number to the end of it based on whatever iteration we're on.Maybe I'm approaching this wrong. Is there any other way I could go about doing it if it's wrong? Thanks!!