Set font for entire page

liunx

My IE is using some kind of serif font and I don't like it and it make me wonder about the code on my website I'm working on. Because I've been using Opera and it's showing an Arial font. (Maybe I have preferences set in Opera.)<br />
<br />
How do I set the font for the whole page through my website design with HTML? I know basic HTML but I don't know CSS, so if it can be done without CSS, that's what I'd prefer for now. Like, everywhere I have text in paragraphs... just in general, say I want it to default to Arial.<!--content--><head><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!-- <br />
body {font-family:Arial, sans-serif}<br />
--><br />
</style><br />
</head><!--content-->Thanks, Charles, it worked. I put the STYLE syntax you gave within my HEAD tags. I assume that's what you meant.<!--content-->Styles can be defined within three places. One, in a <style> tag that's within the <head> tag. Second, within a tag where you want the duration of the style to last for only what's inside of that tag. Third, and my favorite, put into a file with a .css extension and externally linked in a HTML by using the <link> tag, or using an import statement within a <style> tag that's obviously placed inside a <head> tag.<!--content-->Well, heck, now I put it on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dukewill.com/notice.html">http://www.dukewill.com/notice.html</a><!-- m --> (this page) and it IS working BUT it is displaying the code at the TOP OF THE PAGE. I can't figure it out. It worked when I stuck it in my index.html page. I just wrote this last open with Front Page, if that matters. ALthough, Ican't spot anything weird.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Originally posted by Charles <br />
<head><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!-- <br />
body {font-family:Arial, sans-serif}<br />
--><br />
</style><br />
</head><!--content-->it looks as if FrontPage has taken the liberty of inserting it into your page as well...delete this code:<br />
<br />
&lt;style type="text/css"&gt; <BR>&lt;!-- <BR>body {font-family:Arial, <br />
sans-serif} <BR>--&gt; <BR>&lt;/style&gt; <BR><!--content-->Thanks! I did not spot that.<!--content-->

Back