set color and bgcolor of form elements

windows

Couls someone show me a sample code with which i set the font color and background color of a form element (type text) that is correctly rendered by safari.<br />
All my experiments with class and font tag work with explorer and mozilla but not in Safari.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Jitse Schaafsma<!--content-->Maybe this resource will help:<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://developer.apple.com/internet/safari.html">http://developer.apple.com/internet/safari.html</a><!-- m --><!--content-->Try this:<input type="text" value="foo" style="background-color: #000; color: #fff;" />If that doesn't work I'd be surprised. That's simple CSS1.<!--content-->this is what i used<br />
<input type="text" name="v1" style="background-color: #FFFF66; color: #ffff66;" value="Menso"><br />
<br />
<br />
Form element is just black on white background.<br />
Please help me out<br />
Thanks<br />
Jitse Schaafsma<!--content-->I tried this, and it works fine for me.<br />
<br />
<br />
<input type="text" name="v1" style="background-<br />
color:#000;color:#F00;border:2px groove #F00;" <br />
value="Menso"><br />
<br />
<br />
That gives it red text, black background, and a red, 2 pixel grooved border.<!--content-->What I do is use dreamweaver and create a new class like this in my .CSS<br />
<br />
.prettyform {<br />
font-family: "Arial Rounded MT Bold", "Arial Black", Arial;<br />
font-size: 12px;<br />
color: #FFFFFF;<br />
background-color: #0000CC;<br />
border: thin solid #0099FF;<br />
}<br />
<br />
Then I clicked inside the text boxes (on Design View) and applied the class. <br />
<br />
This give a pale grey interior with a thin blue border if I remember right. I have also made dark black interiors with white text that is fun to do but not accessible so not good for a live website. You can also make a custom class style for the Sumbit button. (or use an image)<!--content-->Just to make sure,<br />
i have tried all of your suggestions, many thanks again.<br />
Although they work in my other browsers, they do not work in Safari 1. v85.5.<br />
<br />
<br />
Could you please tell me if you have succefully implemented for a safari browser.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Jitse<!--content-->

Back